Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Little Late But...My First Post

So, I've finally gotten around to making a blog post, better late then never I suppose.

I've been thinking about my potential project for the last couple of days now, I've narrowed my choices down to two: adding source server support to Mercurial and creating a self-serve symbol upload system.

On the one hand, I've been leaning towards web development for the last year or so, so creating a web-based system definitely appeals to me and would allow me to perhaps brush up on my PHP skills(although I'm not entirely sure how I would approach the project yet). On the other hand, taking the Mercurial project would give me a great resource in Lukas(who worked on the original project) as well as ted, who I have yet to talk to. Also, the Mercurial project sounds like a more important project at first glance, although I can't be too sure about that.

Hopefully I'll be able to make a decision within the next couple of days, in the mean time I'll be updating this blog soon with my lab results.

No comments: