Monday, October 13, 2008

Working Towards my 0.1

I'm not exactly sure what I'll need to do to complete my 0.1, however one thing I know I need to do is get this source server working in CVS so that I can get a better idea of how it needs to work with Mercurial.

Getting the symbols to load was easy enough. All I had to do was add the location of Mozilla's symbols to Visual Studio.

Getting the source server to work properly has been slightly more tricky. Although it seemed easy enough in the Instructions I've been unable to retrieve the source files. My errors for the source files look like this:

SRCSRV: cvs.exe -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot checkout -r 3.68 -d 3.68 -N mozilla/widget/src/windows/nsAppShell.cpp
SRCSRV: Source server cannot retrieve the source code for file 'e:\fx19rel\winnt_5.2_depend\mozilla\widget\src\windows\nsappshell.cpp' in module 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\xul.dll'. The system cannot find the file specified.

It seems like I'm close enough to getting it to work, so I'm not worried. My biggest worry at the moment is not knowing where to start to get this thing working in Mercurial.

One clue I have is from downloading the Debugging Tools for Windows. Inside the srcsrv folder is a bunch of .PM files (perl modules), including ones for cvs and svn. Using a Document I found on Lukas's blog, I found this piece of info:

The .PM files are the Perl modules that can talk to the version control systems; the SSINDEX.CMD loads these modules and calls through a standard interface to isolate the system differences. The other CMD files, such as VSSINDEX.CMD, are wrappers for working with specific version control systems, as SSINDEX.CMD needs the version control system on the command line.


Does this mean I need to create a .PM file for Mercurial? I'm hoping more talks with Ted and Lukas will bring that to light.

No comments: