Friday, November 14, 2008

0.2 - Finished

Well, after a lot of trial and error I got my local server to serve the pdb files properly.

The big problem I was having was that although the symbols were being loaded, when I tried to retrieve source code it would only ask me to locate my local source files and not try to retrieve the source files from hgweb. I did a lot of searching, checking, fixing etc.

It just so happens that I lucked out bigtime, as I finally noticed that the symbols being loaded when I started up Minefield weren't coming from my symbol server. Instead, the symbols being loaded were symbols inside my object directory. I'm not sure when these symbols got created but they were scattered throughout the object directory, and unlike the symbols I was using, they weren't indexed. So, to test this out I deleted the xul.pdb in the object directory and re-attached to Minefield. Success! Now xul.dll was loading the pdb from my server instead of the objdir one, the source code was being pulled from hgweb and all was well.

Now, I'm not sure what my deliverable should be. Perhaps it should just be the new pdb's I've written, or the new even. Or, maybe I've done enough to submit a patch.

EDIT: I have filed a patch under Bug 440001

No comments: